Our History

Our History

Harry M. Bailey founded Bailey Machine Company in January 1937. Harry began a machine and repair shop in the small garage behind his home.

During 1941 Bailey Machine began selling power tools.

In 1950 Robert L. Bailey (Bob) joined Bailey Machinery and Supply Company and helped Harry relocate to 3001 Main Street, where the primary activity became the selling of tools and supplies.

In 1964 Bob Bailey became president and expanded the business by moving
to 1418 South Shelby Street in 1965.

In 1982 Robert L. Bailey Jr. joins the company

In 1984 a 3000 sq. ft. showroom was added to the South Shelby St. building
and the name was changed to Bailey Tools & Supply, Inc.

In 1992 Bob Bailey retires and Robert L. Bailey Jr. is named President.

In 1994 Steven H. Bailey joins the company.

In 1999 Bailey Tools opens a branch in Evansville IN.

In December 2003 Bailey Tools moves into its new 25,000 sq. ft. facility at 1338 South Shelby Street.

In October 2009 an Indianapolis location is added.

In October 2011 Robert L. Bailey Jr. retires and Steven H. Bailey acquires sole ownership.

 

baileyhistory2

baileyhistory2Harry M. Bailey founded Bailey Machine Company in January 1937. Harry began a machine and repair shop in the small garage behind his home.

During 1941 Bailey Machine began selling power tools.

In 1950 Robert L. Bailey (Bob) joined Bailey Machinery and Supply Company and helped Harry relocate to 3001 Main Street, where the primary activity became the selling of tools and supplies.

In 1964 Bob Bailey became president and expanded the business by moving
to 1418 South Shelby Street in 1965.

In 1982 Robert L. Bailey Jr. joins the company

In 1984 a 3000 sq. ft. showroom was added to the South Shelby St. building
and the name was changed to Bailey Tools & Supply, Inc.

In 1992 Bob Bailey retires and Robert L. Bailey Jr. is named President.

In 1994 Steven H. Bailey joins the company.

In 1999 Bailey Tools opens a branch in Evansville IN.

In December 2003 Bailey Tools moves into its new 25,000 sq. ft. facility at 1338 South Shelby Street.

In October 2009 an Indianapolis location is added.

In October 2011 Robert L. Bailey Jr. retires and Steven H. Bailey acquires sole ownership.